How Often Should I Get My Car Brakes Checked in Darlington?
Your brakes are the single most important part of your car, truck, or SUV, if you want to drive safely and prevent collisions. But how do you know when it is time to have your brakes serviced or repaired?
Some specialists say you should get your brake pads replaced every 20,000 or 60,000 miles, based on how you drive. If you live in a hilly area or in a city with a lot of stop-and-go traffic, you should have your brakes looked at more often…and repaired if necessary. When is the last time you had your vehicle's brakes checked?
At the same time, you should always look for the warning signs of failing brakes regardless of the number of miles you have driven.
• Does it take longer to reach a complete stop, or do you have to push down on the brake pedal harder?
• Are your brakes squeaking or making some other unexpected sound?
• Does your car pull to one side when you are braking?
• Do you see potential fluid leaks near the corners of your car?
• Did your brake warning light turn on?
If you are experiencing any of these issues, visit our Chevrolet service center in Darlington so we can look at your brakes and keep you safe.